How to set up a Home Recycling Centre | RecycleMore.ie
How to set up a home recycling system
- Make space next to your bin for a recycling container and store items for your recycling bin here. Then empty this into your recycling bin each time you take out the rubbish.
- Keep a container for glass bottles and jars beside your bin or outside next to your recycling bin. A lid will keep off any rain or inquisitive pets!
- If you have a composter or brown bin then it's a good idea to have a small bin in the house for your compostables.
- Don't keep a bin in the living room. Instead take all recycling materials into the kitchen for sorting. This will make it to easier to recycle as you can put the materials into your recycle bin or glass container.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
- It would be ideal to have two bins in each room; one for general waste and one for recycling materials. You can purchase bins like these in many household goods shops. If space is an issue, then place a recycling bin on the landing for use by all bedrooms and the bathroom. This will remind and encourage you to separate your recyclables from other general waste.