Information on recycling aluminium cans, tins & trays | RecycleMore.ie
The following aluminium objects can be recycled
Food cans, Drinks cans and Foil trays
- Aluminium accounts for 1.3% of waste in the household bin.
- Aluminium is made from bauxite ore, a non-renewable resource.
- Recycling aluminium saves 95% of the energy required to produce aluminium from raw materials.
- Over 390 million aluminium beverage cans are sold in Ireland each year, all of which are fully recyclable.
- You can differentiate between steel and aluminium cans by using a magnet. Aluminium cans are not magnetic, they will not stick to the magnet. Steel cans will stick to the magnet.
- Both aluminium cans and foil containers can be recycled.
- Used aluminium cans are recycled and returned to a store shelf as a new can in as little as 60 days. That means a consumer could purchase the same recycled aluminium can every 9 weeks or 6 times a year!
- It takes 670 recycled aluminium cans to make one bicycle.
- Every minute of everyday, an average of 105,800 aluminium cans are recycled.
- Recycling one aluminium can conserves enough energy to run a TV for three hours.
- Every 3 seconds a baby is born. In that time, 140 cans were born.
- Aluminium never wears out, it can be recycled forever.
- Visit our FAQ's page for answers to a specific question.